A Home-Study Program for Building a Rewarding, Successful and Profitable Business Selling at Farmers’ Markets
Over 350 pages of incredible, customized, farmers-market-specific content and photographs, with over 80 bonus resources and templates included. This is a massive, impressive course!
- Wishing you were making more money consistently on market day?
- Doubting your ability to run a business?
- Working too many hours for not enough return?
- Sensing that you and your business aren’t reaching your potential?
- Watching other vendors who seem to have a better formula, or more luck, or more loyal customers than you do?
Welcome to the reality of running a business in the high-paced, multi-stakeholder, ever-changing farmers’ market sector!
Your concerns are real and your sense that things “can’t carry on this way for much longer” are common amongst farmers’ market business owners. We work incredibly long hours doing what we are passionate about, but at the end of the day, we question whether this lifestyle is sustainable for us.
The good news is that success IS possible… for each and every one of us, no matter how we define success for ourselves.
In this exciting, detailed, step-by-step home-study program, experienced and aspiring vendors are taken on a journey through business best-practises that are highly customized for people making, growing, and selling product at farmers’ markets.
The content is based on years of research, speaking at farmers’ market events, running my own highly-successful farmers’ market business, and working with over 200 individual clients and participants in my farmers’ market manager and vendor training programs. I’ve seen what it takes, what really works, what holds us back, and how business curriculum needs to be organized in order for it to be valuable and applicable to farmers’ market vendors.
Working too hard for too little feels terrible. Losing money feels worse. But the truth is, many vendors are almost giving away their product. If they actually account for their time and input costs, many farmers’ market vendors would admit that they are struggling.
Work-life balance is also an issue. So is basic knowledge of marketing and business. And don’t get me started about selling at poorly-run markets. These, along with a lack of confidence, lack of consistency, fear of failure, and low profit margins, keep our sector on edge and unstable.
My passion and expertise is to instill in each of you the confidence and knowledge you need to create thriving, profitable, difference-making businesses based on what you love to do, for the benefit of your families and your communities.
Learning basic business skills, honing pricing and merchandising strategies, attending to over-looked details, tweaking production systems, and building your network – these types of changes can and will radically transform the results you see on market day and throughout the year. (It can also help you turn your hobby into a viable business, which many of you are also struggling with!)
Join me in this exciting, cutting-edge, highly-relevant business training program for farmers’ market-based business owners. The material is yours to keep forever. And there is no other comparable home-study business training program available just for farmers’ market sellers anywhere! This is an opportunity for you to invest in your own life, your own skills, your own business, your own well-being, and your own on-going passion for what you do for a living.
Here’s how the program works:
- Each week, for 18 weeks, you’ll receive an automatic email containing the readings, worksheets, and custom-designed templates as well as other materials related to the topic of the week. (This might also include PowerPoint presentations, videos, audio recordings, and resource collections.) All materials can be downloaded – they are yours forever!
- This allows you to work on the material at your own pace, in your own way, from the comfort of your own home. Customized, relevant, real-life business training for farmers’ market vendors – delivered right to your inbox. Easy yet game-changing for your business and your life!
Weeks 1 and 2 – Planning, Goals & Vision
- Learn the #1 mistake entrepreneurs make when doing strategic planning and uncover how goal-setting can literally earn you money. Planning templates included.
Weeks 3 and 4 – Customers & Networking
- Discover how to build a loyal following of ideal, repeat customers who buy from you consistently.
Weeks 5 and 6 – Records, Systems & Book-Keeping
- Step-by-step guidance, instructions and templates for amazing systems that will streamline and optimize your records, book-keeping, inventory, and sales.
Weeks 7 and 8 – Money, Pricing & Budgeting
- Find out the most common mistakes vendors make when pricing their products, and study a powerful, easy strategy for making consistent money in your business. Includes step-by-step pricing formulas.
Week 9 – Branding
- Understand why a great story is the basis of authentic marketing, and be guided through a detailed but effortless process to create your own effective brand.
Week 10 – Merchandising & Great Displays
- See photographs of great merchandising in action and learn how to use creative displays to grow your business.
Weeks 11 and 12 – Sales & Marketing
- Discover how to take the complexity and confusion out of marketing with simple, time-tested strategies for increased day-of selling and super-smart promotions.
Week 13 – Working Smart & Time Management
- Be inspired to tackle your procrastination, and get my hot tips and strategies for working healthy from home, getting organized, and staying focused.
Week 14 – Staff, Family & Market Teams
- Learn to maximize relationships with staff and family, see what ‘HR’ means in a microbusiness context, and understand the role of good communication.
Week 15 – Expanding Your Products
- Be inspired by innovative product ideas and photographs, and find out my best suggestion for raising your bottom line as you expand.
Week 16 and 17 – Social Media
- Be introduced to several social media platforms and software tools that can grow your business and position you as an expert in your field, including Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Etsy, WordPress, MailChimp, Quozio, QR codes, and PicMonkey.
Week 18 – Growth & Sustainability
- Uncover new ways to successfully and sustainably expand your business!
- During the final week, I’ll also offer some concluding ideas and suggestions for next steps.
Cost and Investment
You work at the program in your own way, at your own pace. The investment of your time is completely up to you. You may choose to complete the entire program, or only complete those sections that seem particularly relevant to you. The choice is yours and the investment is absolutely worth it, whether you want it all or only certain pieces.
The best news is that enrolling in this home-study program is only $497. (Or there is an easy financing option of 3 equal payments of $175 each.)
And just so you know, part of the proceeds of this program are going as a fundraiser to Farmers’ Markets of Nova Scotia Cooperative Ltd.
There is no other home-based, customized farmers’ market business training program like this available anywhere. And at this price, it’s a terrific, affordable opportunity!
There is also a printed version of the program available for $597, delivered to you all in one tab-divided, organized binder by postal mail. We ship these within 7 days of your order. The hard copy version also includes a CD with formatted templates in Word and Excel that you can download onto your computer, from the sections on budgeting, record-keeping and marketing. This is the perfect choice for those of you who want the program in a version that you can hold in your hands, who don’t want to print the materials out themselves, or who want the complete program all at once.
Either way, this program at this price, with all the associated benefits outlined below, is going to pay for itself over and over again in terms of increased profitability in your business. Within six months, you’ll find that this guide will have paid for itself and launched you towards a new path to success, sustainability, and freedom. And there is no price tag for feeling more in control of your finances, more aligned with your goals, more confident in your sales and marketing strategies, and more certain of your future.
- Eighteen weeks of exceptional program material delivered to you in the comfort of your own farm, kitchen, studio, bakery, greenhouse or home office.
- Free bonus materials delivered by email for an entire year following the end of your program.
- Optional free membership in a “Make It, Grow It, Sell It” private Facebook group. There, you can ask questions, connect with like-minded entrepreneurs, learn from others, and interact with me directly. This ‘community component’ gives you support and fresh ideas from a wide cohort of other farmers’ market vendors around North America.
Remember, business training can be written off as a legitimate business expense (I’ll even be showing you how). Bottom line – you have absolutely nothing to lose… and so much to gain!
Yes! Sign me up! Canada:
- Canadian address. Program delivered by email – $497 Cnd
- Canadian address. Program delivered in a binder by mail – $597 Cnd
- Canadian address. Program delivered by email, 3 easy payments of $175 Cnd
Yes! Sign me up! U.S. or International:
Feedback & Praise:
“Michelle was exceptional. Her style was clear and she was approachable. She connected wonderfully with us.”
“Michelle is a good speaker, listener, teacher. Great at bringing examples, asking great questions. Well versed in the subject material. Wonderful at setting the tone for the training, great pace and delivery.”
“Michelle wants us all to be successful in our businesses. She is amazing. Not only is she enthusiastic and well-organized, she brings great information to the table to help us learn.”
“Michelle is very smart and knows her work. She is a catalyst!”
“Inspirational, explains things well, very knowledgeable, open and honest with great examples, templates and helpful information. Very empowering. Michelle has a wonderful gentle manner and vast experience with building and running a farmers’ market business.”
“Michelle is easy to approach, stays positive and respectful, very inspiring and knowledgeable. Oh, did I mention inspiring?!”
“Michelle is excellent. Positive and dynamic. Extremely passionate and has put into practice what she is teaching in her own business.”
“The sky’s the limit, and Michelle’s excellent information, ideas, and presentation style have been crucial in the professionalizing of my business.”
“Michelle is well read, clear, delivery is to the point and informative, key points are covered with real world applications and examples. Excellent.”
“Michelle is fabulous! Engaging, interested, compassionate. She seems to understand our struggles. Excellent at keeping us on track.”
“Michelle is invigorating, inspiring, positive!”
“Michelle is amazing, well organized, very informative, easy to talk to, great ideas and suggestions, explains things very well, knowledgeable, well spoken. Bravo!”
“Michelle is very successful. There is power behind her presentation. She has a professional style, is well organized, very efficient, friendly, fantastic. Great teaching skills.”